Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Proposal



Aaron really should get a gold star for planning this event. He asked a girl friend of mine to invite Aaron and I on a fancy double date. She emphasized the fact that we were going to a super sophisticated and ritzy restaurant and it would be in my best interest to go the whole nine yards...hair, make up and of course a super formal dress. I totally fell for it and got dressed up and told Aaron to as well. Aaron suggested we take a gondola ride before we meet our friends at the restaurant. It was such a romantic adventure. A cute old Italian man (or at least an old man with a convincing fake Italian accent) sang love songs to us. I just made googley eyes at Aaron the whole time. I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me and how much I loved him but I wasn't going to say the "L" word first. As soon as we got off the gondola, Aaron took me over to a near by bridge where a stool and wrapped present covered in pink rose petals was waiting for us. I started crying. It had just hit me I was not actually going to a fancy dinner with friends, something bigger was about to happen. Aaron sat on the stool and had me sit on his lap. He unwrapped the present, which happened to be a book titled "I Love You More" He read the book to me, it was an adorable story about loving somebody bigger than the universe. As he was reading the book a decent sized crowd gathered around us. When the book was just about nearing it's conclusion, Aaron got down on his knee told me how much he loved me (that was the first time we had exchanged the L-O-V-E word) and asked me to marry him. The ring was absolutely perfect and beautiful...of course I said yes. The crowd was so excited, lots of clapping and cheering. After we called our families (my family already knew, since Aaron was such a gentleman to ask my father to marry me) to tell them the great news. Later that night went to a lovely dinner atop of Vegas' very own Eiffel Tower (since I so much adore Paris)and started officially planning the rest of our lives together.


This was the place all the magic happend.

No comments:

Post a Comment