Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Aspen Santa Fe Ballet Tour






When Aaron and I got married I came to the conclusion that I had performed enough years as a professional ballet dancer and would focus my career more on the teaching aspect of ballet and less on the performing aspect. That plan was quickly derailed when a few days before we were married I was offered a contract to dance and tour with the Aspen Santa Fe Ballet. After lots of thoughtful consideration Aaron and I decided that it would be hard to be away from each other for the five weeks the tour lasted, but it was too amazing of an opportunity to pass up. I signed the contract and left for Aspen. The rehearsals were long and hard but completely rewarding. I missed my husband so much, but at least I got to wear tutus and tiaras while I missed him. Aaron and both of our families came up to one of my performances in Aspen. I remember having a particularly fantastic performance knowing Aaron and our families were in the audience. By the end of the tour I was so ready to turn in my smelly pointe shoes for cuddling with Aaron.







Blast from the past...my first tour when I was 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment